A 4-day Easter break ‘from the norm’ beckons for many, so what will you do that will help you clear through your clutter and get organised?
Maybe you’ll spend quality time with family and friends? Make time to get things together at home or in your business? Either way, it’s a perfect opportunity to reflect on the first few months of the year and get organised for what lies ahead!
Remember that whatever your personal organising goals may be – however small they are – just a little action taken each day to move you towards them is positive and rewarding.
So read on for a few quick actions you could take over the weekend to get that step closer to organised bliss! Each should take you no more than 15 minutes.
In your home office;
Clear everything off your desk-top and give it a quick clean. Dust can settle quickly if papers pile up.
Go through your loose papers / notes, grouping them in logical categories, discarding anything that is out of date or no longer needed. You don’t actually need to tackle them this weekend unless they’re urgent. Simply clearing them will be enough.
- Check your ink, toner and paper stocks. Do you need to order replacements? There’s nothing worse than being mid-way through a document when that ‘ink low’ icon starts to flash and you’ve still another 30 pages to print!
- What’s on your noticeboard? It can often become part of the furniture; cluttered with all manner of coupons, cards, reminders, checklists. Discard anything that’s no longer needed and sort the rest; action, file, call, bin.
Set yourself an achievable task list for next week – it’s going to be a short one after all!
- Collect any pre-2014 magazines that are lying about the house, tear out any articles you can’t be without (or snap them into Evernote) and recycle the rest.
- Remove anything from your bedroom that either doesn’t belong to you or shouldn’t be in there; your kids’ stuff, work assignments, cups, etc.
- Tackle one of your kitchen drawers – the junk drawer, the cutlery drawer – it doesn’t matter! A short time spent re-organising it will save you time in future.
- Sit down with your significant other(s) and update your online/offline calendars. Ensure you all know what’s planned for the coming months up to summer break and figure out logistics in good time.
- If you’ve photos and pictures waiting to be hung in your home, decide where they should go – then hang them! Surface/floor space and focal points created in one go.
Whatever you decide to do, remember that it doesn’t have to be done all in one go! A little here and there is better than none at all – and you’ve 4 days to make a start! I wish you luck and support your efforts all the way! Feel free to leave a comment below or contact me via Facebook or Twitter if you get stuck and need some advice!